Every time you look in the mirror… or at yourself on Zoom, do you wish your teeth were a little whiter? It’s something I always thought about. That’s why I was so excited to try Zoom Whitening with Stamford Dental Arts!
Zoom whitening is a laser teeth whitening system from Philips that effectively removes all visible stains, leaving you with teeth that are up to 10 shades whiter in a little over an hour.
For me, the process was painless (although some people do experience sensitivity while it’s being done). I was able to lay back and scroll through my phone for the hour and a half the procedure took. It was honestly quite relaxing.
Wondering what goes into Zoom Whitening? Here’s a look at the process:
- Before you begin the Zoom Whitening process, your lips and gums are protected with a covering.
- A whitening gel is applied to your teeth and spread evenly.
- Your dentist then uses a special light to activate the gel so that it breaks down the discoloration and stain particles.
- The gel has to remain on your teeth for 15 minutes.
- The process may be repeated several times in a single visit until your teeth are the desired shade of white.
- At the end, a fluoride gel is applied to your teeth to reduce any teeth sensitivity.
When the process was complete, I was thrilled to look in the mirror and see that my teeth were instantly and noticeably whiter (two shades whiter, to be exact)! Seriously, it was exactly what I was looking for. I did have sensitivity for 24 hours afterward and was instructed to stick with white foods for 72 hours afterward. But, a month later I’m still really happy with how white my teeth are!
This post is sponsored by Stamford Dental Arts.