Stamford Moms Job Board
A Place Like Home is currently looking for a caring and energetic Kindergarten Teacher to join their team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
Reports to: Center Director
Schedule: 35-40 hours per week. Monday-Friday (usually 8am-6pm)
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are: A Place Like Home is a Childcare Center committed to offer quality education for children and their families. We believe that learning takes place in a fun, loving, safe and healthy environment. We will guide and support your child all the way to success! Every child is unique and we believe that success and growth come from encouragement and guidance.
Our teachers focus on building every child’s self esteem and confidence through positive feedback and modeling behaviors. A child sees the world around them with wonder and awe, we believe in encouraging their natural curiosity.
- Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments, including full distance learning system, and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives.
- Create and deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, and assess developmental needs of students.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Communicate positively with students, parents and staff.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Kindergarten Teacher Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher.
- Previous experience as an Early Childhood Education Teacher, in a licensed preschool or early development center (preferred)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be 20 years of age or older.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time..
- Educational assistance.
- Paid professional development days.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a warm and supportive attitude and disposition toward working with children and their families.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be flexible in receiving assignments or adapting to changes in the program.
- Must be willing to accept supervision in order to improve work performance.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children.
More information about A Place Like Home:
Facebook page: @APlaceLikeHomeStamford
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour