Stamford Moms Job Board
Director, Temple Sinai’s Early Childhood Education Center
Temple Sinai is seeking the position of Director, Temple Sinai’s Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) beginning August 2021. The person in this role will lead Temple Sinai’s ECEC. The ECEC is a new branch of Temple Sinai’s program that provides the highest quality childcare services in Stamford and New Canaan, CT, and Pound Ridge, NY and the surrounding area. This mid-sized childcare facility serves children from six weeks to five years of age and offers full day and part day childcare. Its services and facilities are safe and secure, with a curriculum and philosophy based on Jewish values and tradition. The ECEC provides families with an extension of the home where children are cared for with as much love and attention as in their own homes. The Director will oversee an early childhood education program offering various programs, classes, and community engagement opportunities. The ECEC is housed in Temple Sinai’s education wing in a sunny and safe environment – both indoors and out. The successful candidate will bring great enthusiasm, a collaborative spirit, organization, and creativity to the position and work with children and families to improve, enhance, and grow the success of this brand-new program. The Director will uphold the critical values of the synagogue and the school.
Temple Sinai, 458 Lakeside Drive Stamford, CT 06903
How to apply:
Applicants apply directly to the Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to ECEC@templesinaistamford.org attn: Alan Barr.
Full Time- Experienced
The Director, SinaiCares ECEC manages the day-to-day administration and oversight of every
aspect of the various programs as it relates to obtaining the program’s certification and
licensure, children, staff, parents, and synagogue.
The Director will represent the ECEC with required licensing agencies as necessary (DOH, OCFS,
Health, and Immunizations, etc.). They will establish educational goals and develop the
appropriate Reform Jewish and secular curricula (in conjunction with Temple’s staff and
support). The Director will create a positive social and academic environment current in general
education trends and, more specifically, in Early Jewish Education.
The Director will report to the Rabbi of the congregation and work hand in hand with the
synagogue clergy and senior staff.
The direct reports of the Director include:
· Teaching Staff
Job accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop, implement and monitor the curriculum for the ECEC, blending
age-appropriate curriculum with Jewish educational values and customs.
· Recruit staff, including interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
· Train, manage, and mentor staff to ensure the program’s overall success and
maintain supervision and instructional guidance (both Judaic and secular) through
regular staff meetings and classroom observations, while ensuring both mandatory and
school-specific professional development is achieved.
· Create and actively promote a positive and welcoming environment where every
child and parent is treated with dignity and respect and where the staff feels the same.
· Provide support and guidance to the staff and parents to meet each child’s
individual learning needs.
· Establish meaningful relationships with parents and maintain effective
communication, both oral and written.
· Increase awareness of the ECEC through marketing and community outreach
· Work with staff to ensure consistent compliance to Department of Health
Guidelines and State of Office of Children and Family Service licensing regulations,
including staff qualifications, teacher/child ratios, and health and safety requirements.
Represent SinaiCares ECEC with required licensing agencies as necessary (DOH, OCFS,
Health, and Immunizations, etc.).
· Work in conjunction with the Temple Sinai Board of Trustees to develop, manage
and implement budgets for all program areas and establish program fees.
· Report to the Board of Trustees at its monthly meetings regarding enrollment,
finances, and critical needs to support the children, families, and staff.
· Attend weekly senior staff meetings and participate in committee meetings on an
as-needed basis to facilitate programming plans and needs.
· Manage the program registration and family expectations regarding enrollment
positively and encouragingly. Conduct parent tours.
· Actively work to grow and creatively enhance SinaiCares ECEC programming and
build an exceptional reputation in the community.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Director will have three credits in the administration of an early childhood education
program or educational administration.
· Required: Head Teacher Certification
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a similar area with an Education focus. Will
consider applicants with a degree in other areas, significant related experience, and training in
Early Childhood Education.
· Preferred: Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Education with Early
· Current Directors and Assistant Directors are encouraged to apply.
· Experience working with young children and their families, preferably in a preschool or
· Knowledge of early childhood development and educational philosophies.
· Knowledge of and appreciation for Reform Judaism and its traditions, values, or
willingness to learn and respect accordingly.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement Connecticut standards for a licensed childcare
· Proven ability to lead professional development efforts and support educators within a
teaching and learning environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to interact effectively with
congregants, clergy, staff, and lay leadership.
· Competency in general computer skills.
· Highly organized
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes:
Salary Range: $85,00 to $90,000 based on relative experience and qualifications
Paid time off
Continuing professional development
Membership in professional organization
Group health insurance (employer and employee share premium cost)
Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Account
Participation in a retirement plan
You and your family become part of our caring community as a member of our senior staff.
Full-time and part-time positions available at My Gym!
About the Company:
My Gym Children’s Fitness Center is a 600+ locations strong international corporation offering the BEST recreational fitness and gymnastics programs and blowout birthday parties for children ages 6 weeks to 10 years of age. If you’ve never heard of My Gym, please visit our website, Instagram, or Facebook and get to know us; we’re tons of fun and love what we do!
My Gym is currently hiring a children’s fitness coach/instructor. In addition to teaching, you will be responsible for helping meet monthly team goals in promotions and sales.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work 25+ hours per week, including weekends
- Highly energetic
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with children
- Background in fitness (athletics, sports, dance, cheer, gymnastics, martial arts, or related field)
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- Effective time management
- Adept sales skills
- Clean background check
Starts at $13 per hour – Average trained staff member earns $14-$17 per hour.
Additionally, we offer:
- Upward mobility
- Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan and Contribution Matching
Think you’re what we’re looking for?
Send us your resume to careers@
- Why do you think you’re a good fit for My Gym?
- What is your background in theatre, gymnastics, or athletics?
- What are some of your achievements, interests, hobbies, skills, or talents?
Peak Performance Sports Camps
Stamford Spine is in search of a short term (with the possibility of long term) massage therapist in downtown Stamford, CT. Currently, they are looking for someone who is available to work 2-3 days per week, with the hope of expanding quickly to 5 (M-F). Patient-scheduling, table, room, and all equipment will be provided for you. Each treatment per patient will be between 20-60 minutes. You will also be working alongside a chiropractor who specializes in soft tissue patient care in our beautiful facility located within Stamford Spine which is a Chiropractic Clinic.
In order to move forward, you must:
– Be a licensed massage therapist in the state of Connecticut;
– Have knowledge of deep tissue massage techniques and sport stretching;
– Have liability insurance
If you are interested, please contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designs by Lee
The CBD Curators
Check customers out with Square
Check inventory levels, restock shelves, store inventory.
Order fulfillment. Prepare online orders for shipment to the post office.
Training: Work alongside Rob and learn about CBD.
Spending time talking to customers. Making recommendations to customers about the various CBD products.
Other: Clean shelves, windows, floors, take out garbage, etc.
Now Hiring List
Ava Party Designs is hiring team members to prep, install and breakdown, drivers for delivery and pickup, as well as on call crew as needed. Check here for more information.
Awesome Toys & Gifts is hiring for sales associates, key holders and assistant managers for their Stamford & Westport locations. Email email@example.com for more information.
Beth Krupa Interiors is hiring for a Full Time Interior Designer. Check here for more information.
Cask Republic is hiring bartenders and servers. DM on Instagram for more information.
Coalhouse Pizza is hiring for all positions. Swing by to fill out an application at 85 High Ridge Road.
Crab Shell Restaurant is hiring servers, bartenders, hosts, managers and kitchen staff! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Happy Code Club is hiring for help with their summer program. Check here to learn more.
Humbled Coffeehouse is hiring for those with barista, cashier and customer service experience. Email email@example.com for more information.
Indigo Wellness Group is looking for someone to join the front desk team in Stamford. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and why you’d make a great addition to the team!
Lorca Coffee Bar is hiring! Email email@example.com for more information!
Marcia Selden Catering is looking to expand the team! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matt Baier Organizing is hiring part time positions for the summer or all year long! Email email@example.com for more information.
ONTHEMARC Events is hiring cooks, bartenders and waitresses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Orangetheory Stamford is hiring coaches! Must be certified, passionate, energetic and have flexible availability. Email your resume and certification to Jonathan, email@example.com.
The Residence at Summer Street is looking to hire part time receptionists. They can call Jorge directly at (203) 998-6463 or jcortizo@
Shelala is hiring an admin/creative assistant for their warehouse. Must be tech savvy, detail oriented, self starter, hardworking and flexible. They are also hiring experienced embroiders. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Soul Tasty is hiring for a line cook and someone for front of the house. Reach out to @soultastyct on Instagram to apply.
The Studio Darien is hiring for a full-time salon assistant. Call (203) 202-9701 or email email@example.com to apply.
Tabouli Grill is hiring experienced servers and line cooks. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your resume in person Wednesday – Sunday, noon – 5 p.m.
Towne Parlor Pizza & Pints and Bedford Hall Craft Kitchen & Bar are hiring management, bartenders, servers, hosts, runners, line cooks, busters, runners and security. Check here to apply.
The Wheel is hiring bartenders, servers, runners, line cooks, prep cooks and porters. For more information email email@example.com.