The City of Stamford will once again hold fireworks at Cummings Beach on Friday, July 1, 2022 in celebration of the 4th of July! The rain date will be Saturday, July 2.
Residents will be able to bring blankets and chairs to the beach. There will be food trucks onsite, and the fireworks will begin shortly after 9:00 p.m.
Below is additional information regarding parking and traffic before and after the fireworks:
- No parking either side of Shippan Avenue from Wallace Street to the Magee Avenue intersection as of 3:00 PM.
- No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw & Rippowam Road as of 3:00 PM.
- No parking on the south side of Myrtle Avenue from the intersection with Elm Street to #162 Myrtle as of 3:00 PM.
- Boaters please be aware that from 3:00 PM on directly off of Cummings Park’s beach, there will be a 1,000’ safety zone around the fireworks barge from Buoy #6 to 1,000’ from shore.
- Boaters please be aware that the West Beach boat ramp will be shut down at 6:30 PM.
- At 8:00 PM, the intersection of Shippan Avenue / Magee Avenue will be closed to southbound traffic and only resident access is available at that time. At 8:30 PM, Magee Avenue will be closed to traffic.
- At 9:00 PM, Shippan Avenue from Wallace Street north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Avenue will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
- Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Avenue and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal Street, Atlantic Street, and Washington Boulevard toward I-95.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Avenue will be directed north onto Shippan Avenue to access Elm Street, Myrtle Avenue, I-95, and East Main Street.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Avenue will utilize Soundview Avenue or Willowbrook Avenue to Cove Road.
- Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.
Still need your Stamford Beach Permit? Click here for the info!