If you’re still deciding on the side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner, we have a great recipe for you!
Mariane Quadri is a Stamford mom of two who recently launched her own blog, Lulu Quadri where she’s sharing her love of crafting, cooking and all things DIY! She is sharing her favorite creamy Brussels Sprout recipe with bacon! Check it out below and be sure to follow her on Instagram @lulu.quadri!
It’s is very simple and easy side dish to make, and is something different than the usual green bean casserole. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
- One bag of washed Brussel sprouts
- Heavy cream
- Salt + pepper
- Uncured bacon (substitute turkey bacon if preferred)
- Low sodium chicken stock
1. Fry the bacon in a large pan until crispy.
2. Take bacon out of the pan and add the Brussels Sprouts to the bacon oil drippings.
3. Cook on medium high heat so that the Brussels Sprouts char a bit. This gives it a nice flavor.
4. Once charred, add about a half cup of chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the Brussels Sprouts begin to get tender and soften.
5. Next, add about a half cup of heavy cream and let it continue to simmer. The heavy cream will start to bubble and thicken.
6. Add the bacon bits back into the pan and let it continue to simmer for a few minutes more.
7. Serve the Brussels Sprouts and top with extra bacon bits of desired.
This recipe originally appeared on www.luluquadri.com