Thank you for Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane for sharing this adorable recipe!
Melting Snowman Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
Recipe Level: Easy
A note about recipe: This recipe is meant to be easy and fun enough for families to make together through the holidays. It can be made even easier by simply purchasing pre-made sugar cookie dough, if desired.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tablespoons eggnog
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer and beat sugar, butter until fluffy- about 2 minutes. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Lower speed on mixer, add flour in batches and beat until blended. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown around edges.
- Let cool on rack until ready to decorate.
- While cookies cool. Make frosting by beating together sugar and butter. Add eggnog and beat until well blended.
- Ice cookies and decorate as desired. We used marshmallow for the face, chocolate chips for eyes and buttons, orange frosting for nose, pretzels for arms and reese’s for hat.
This post originally appeared on our sister site, Greenwich Moms.