I LOVE a good one pan or one pot meal… especially during the week when I don’t typically think about what’s for dinner until after getting home from work!
So, I can’t want to try this one-pan skillet spaghetti recipe from Kathleen, the mom behind CatwithaK Cooks. Plus, I love that can be easily adapted to your family’s tastes and dietary restrictions/allergies. “I learned this method when I worked for Martha Stewart. She was doing a one-pan pasta way before Tik Tok!” says Kathleen.
- 12 ounces spaghetti I use Banza or Jovial Foods
- 12 ounces tomatoes, halved or chopped depending on size
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated parmesan for serving
- In a large, straight-sided skillet, place your pasta in the middle so it lies flat.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, oil, red pepper flakes (if using), 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper distributing evenly around the pan.
- Add the water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium high.
- Boil pasta mixture, uncovered, stirring and turning the pasta frequently with tongs or a fork to separate.
- Cook until pasta is al dente and water has almost evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
- Divide among four shallow bowls, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, cracked pepper and some Parmesan if desired.
This post originally appeared on our parent site, The Local Moms Network