No matter the holiday… we love a festive breakfast in our house! That’s one of the reasons green shamrock pancakes are a huge hit in our house as St. Patrick’s Day approaches! Scroll down for the items you’ll need and a simple how-to!
- Your favorite pancake mix (mixed how you normally do) or pancake mix made from scratch!
- Green food coloring
- Shamrock cookie cutter
- Cooking Spray
- Make your pancake batter the way you normally do.
- Add 3 drops of green food coloring to the batter to start. Mix it all together and if you want the batter to be a little greener, add a couple of drops more.
- Grease your pan and cookie cutter with cooking spray.
- There are 2 ways to make the shamrock. The first is to put the cookie cutter in the pan and pour the mix into the cookie cutter (if you do this, be sure to only pour a thin layer of batter into it). Once the first side is done, use a spatula to flip and cook the other side. The second option is to make a regular round pancake, take it out of the pan and use the shamrock cookie cutter to cut out your shape. Both work great!
- Add some syrup and ENJOY!