Looking for an adult version of dessert? Try this recipe for Chocolate Mousse à la Little Lotta Love! It’s delicious and includes both espresso and Bailey’s!
Scroll down for the recipe and be sure to check out Little Lotta Love! The chocolaterie was created by a Sarah, a Stamford mom of three who has a passion for the art of chocolate!
1 fresh brewed strong espresso (1.5 fl oz)
2 tbsp Coffee liqueur or Baileys (add a bit more if you like)
1 cup (around 150g) dark chocolate (70-85% cocoa)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp sugar
Fresh whipped cream to decorate
- Mix espresso with liquor in a temperature resistant bowl and add chocolate broken into small chunks
- Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Let it cool down a bit.
- Separate the eggs
- Mix sugar, yolks and vanilla extract into a creamy mess and blend it into the chocolate mix
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt stiff and gently mix into the lukewarm chocolate. Don’t overmix – you want a fluffy mousse.
- Fill chocolate mousse into cups and allow to cool down for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator
- Decorate with whipped cream or berries and enjoy!
- Add a twist? Just add a ¼ tsp of chili flakes and ½ tsp fresh ground cardamom to the chocolate. The mayans already knew that chocolate and chili pair great!