The City of Stamford is celebrating veterans today with a parade and with a ceremony in the newly renovated Veterans Park.
It’s a fun family activity for the day off from school and a great way to explain to our children the importance of Veteran’s Day!
The parade route will begin at Bedford/North Street intersection and end at Veterans Park. The parade will start at 9:30 a.m. and will culminate with a ceremony at the newly renovated Veterans Park at 11:00 a.m. See the route on the left.
The following Streets will be closed the day of the parade:
- North Street from Summer to Prospect Street from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Bedford Street from Hoyt Street to Broad Street from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Atlantic Street from Broad Street to Tresser Boulevard from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
The following streets will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Broad Street from Summer Street to Gay Street.
- Atlantic Street from Broad Street to Tresser Boulevard.
- Main Street (Westbound) from Atlantic Street to Lower Summer Street.
- Main Street (Eastbound) from Atlantic Street to Lower Summer Street.
- Bank Street (Eastbound) to Atlantic Street (until 12:30 p.m.)
- Spring Street to Bedford Street – no through traffic (until 11:00 a.m.)
- Forest Street to Bedford Street – no through traffic (until 11:00 a.m.)
After the parade, head to Stamford Town Center to get into the holiday spirit for a visit with Santa or for some shopping. Head to Capriccio, Remo’s or Cheesecake Factory for a family lunch or check out one of the new coffee shops in Stamford Downtown – Winfield Street Coffee and Roost Kitchen + Coffee! The Main Library will also be open, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.!