Do you have a child who will be 5 years old before January 2, 2019? If the answer is yes… it’s time to start the kindergarten registration process! The District asks that parents register their children by July 1.
Where do I begin?
To start your child’s registration, look up your child’s school using your home address, here. Then complete the online registration form, available here. Be sure to upload the required documents. Families who need assistance with the online form can make an appointment with their child’s school or with the Office of Family and Community Engagement by selecting the appointment manager on the Documents page located in the online registration form.
What documents are required?
- Original birth certificate (long form)
- Photo ID of parent or legal guardian
- Registration is by parent or legal guardian only
- Proof of legal guardianship is required
- 2 forms of Proof of Address: Please see our Proof of Address guidelines for more information.
- If you rent: A current lease AND a current utility bill (phone, gas, electric, cable, or water)
- If you own: A deed or current tax bill or bank mortgage showing ownership of a residence in Stamford AND a current utility bill (phone, gas, electric, cable or water)
- If you are not listed on a lease you must have a notarized residency form completed
- Health Requirements: Current physical exam and immunization record
- Please ask your doctor’s office to use the Health Assessment Record (HAR-3), available here.
*NOTE: No child will be admitted to school without proper immunizations or proof of Stamford residency.
For questions or more information, contact the Office of Family Engagement, (203) 977-5312, 203-977-4118 or 203-977-4465. Additional information is available here!