From backpacks to water bottles, labels and more… it’s about time to start searching for the perfect back to school items for your kids! Our parent site, The Local Moms Network (TLMN) is narrowing down some of the options by rounding up a few favorite items to help get everything checked off your shopping list!
Check out these six great backpacks for the kids, from fun carryalls to sturdy book bags, that are sure to get the job done!
- The Skiphop Zoo Backpack is both fun and functional for your toddler to wear to daycare, school, or on a trip! The easy to use zippers are perfect for little fingers to help fill the main compartment and front pocket with everything they’ll need for the day, and the mesh side pocket adjusts so their water bottle is always handy. With nine designs and three sizes to choose from, your little one is sure to find one they love to carry around!
- This minimalist backpack comes in several chic colors and designs, and easily fits an 11” laptop, an iPad, and your everyday essentials. The soft padded straps quickly adjust to fit your little one and keep them comfortable. Can’t get enough? There are matching lunch boxes and suitcases that are designed to fit with the backpack exactly!
- The Mackenzie Backpack from Pottery Barn Kids is a best seller for a reason! They are durable and functional with tons of pockets and straps to keep everything in order, including the matching lunch bag and water bottle. Not only are they comfortable for kids of all ages, but your little one can also express themselves by choosing from one of their many designs!
- The popular backpack brand Herschel makes a youth version of their signature design in 12 designs and 3 sizes, making it a great option for any kid with an eye for style. With a laptop sleeve, zippered main compartment, and front pocket with a key clip, this bag is just as functional as it is attractive – mom and kid approved!
- If durability is your priority when looking for a backpack, look no further than L.L. Bean’s Original Book Pack. You and your siblings probably had one, and there’s a reason they still make them – these things stand the test of time! Made with strong stitching and weatherproof fabrics, this backpack can withstand even the most active kid.
- JanSport is another classic backpack company that makes a great bag. The Cool Student is ideal for older kids with lots to carry around, with two large main compartments, multiple front pockets, and a side water bottle pocket.
REUSABLE WATER BOTTLES
TLMN has eight great suggestions for reusable water bottle companies!
Hydro Flask is a fan favorite and boasts a bottle that keeps beverages cold for up to 24 hours. The kids’ options have a straw cap and a perforated Flex Boot that wraps the bottom of the bottle for extra durability. The 12 oz. options begin at $30.
Yeti’s prominent bottle, the Rambler, comes in a Junior size, with a variety of colors and a straw top that’s easy for kids to use. Depending on the age of your little one, Yeti offers 12, 18, and 26 ounce options, starting at $25.
RTIC Outdoors is one of the more rustic companies we researched. Their motto is “Overbuilt. Not overpriced.” which rings true when we found a $9 option for their 16 oz. water bottle in a coral color. Other screwtop options, in an assortment of colors, come in 20 and 26 ounces.
Owala is all about bright, multi-colored water bottles. Hurry! This brand has 25% off sitewide until August 1. The Kids’ 14 oz. stainless steel Flip model is $20 before discount. Your little is bound to find a color combo they adore.
With a 70-year history, this old school brand calls itself the original reusable water bottle. Their site educates about their mission to secure vulnerable communities with access to clean drinking water. If you’re flexible about color and design options, some 12 oz. flip-top bottles are on sale for just $6.
Net Zero Company
This company was an interesting new find. As its name suggests, the company is serious about reducing our carbon footprint. While their water bottle collection is smaller, each features a beautiful design in a 20 oz size, with a bamboo lid. (You can’t help but browse their eco-friendly lunchbox containers, too!)
Stanley bottles feel hefty, yet look pretty. Of all we researched, this brand features the widest variety of shapes, toppers, and sizes (12, 16, 17, and 20 ounce options) beginning at $20. They claim to be unbreakable and feature something called vacuum insulation. They look and feel legit!
Ok, moms – this one is the ultimate splurge. These blinged-out babies are expensive but gorgeous! Their tagline is Classic. Elegant. Luxury. And they certainly are with prices topping $100. But we love that this company wants access to clean drinking water for a million people around the world… and the glimmer on the bottles is courtesy of recycled glass. Sales are constant so keep a lookout for a lower price.
*BONUS MOM HACK*
We also love Flow! Flow is alkaline water with electrolytes and minerals in a 100% recyclable carton with a screw top. Sign up for emails and grab 15% off your order!
Little kids (as well as teens!) are still learning to keep track of their backpacks, water bottles, extra clothes and more. Help teachers and kids out by labeling *everything* you can. We love Name Bubbles, a mom-founded, made in America, customized label brand. They have everything to get you 100 % ready, from dishwasher-safe lunchbox labels to stick-on labels that truly stay on clothes. Plus, their “Value Packs” aren’t just a great deal, but also helpful for first-time school moms who want an “all in one” option so they don’t miss any labels they need.
Want to try Name Bubbles? Click here and use code LOCALMOMS15 for 15% off!
My personal favorite is this one because of the removable ice pack that you can easily put in the freezer at night and then attach back into the box in the morning to keep everything chilled!