Slow cooker meals aren’t only a lifesaver for busy nights, but also for busy mornings. Before school during the week or before early sports games on the weekends, meals like this hearty Banana Bread Oatmeal from recipe creator and Tik Tok star Kathleen Ashmore will get your team fed and out the door, quickly. Check out the recipe below!
- 2 cups unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Spray a 2 quart slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas and mash them up into a puree. I like to do this on a plate or shallow, flat bottomed container to make this easier.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook cook on High for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender. You can also cook on low for about 2-3 hours.
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with more maple syrup and cinnamon if desired and serve.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. When reheating in the microwave, add a bit of water to achieve a soft consistency.
This post originally appeared on our parent site The Local Moms Network