A library card is an important school supply for your children. A Ferguson Library card gives them access to resources, including books and online homework help.
During September, your child or teen can bring his or her new library card to the Youth Services Department and get a free book to take home!
Getting a library card is easy! You can apply for one online or head to any of the Ferguson Library branches and as long as your child can write his or her own name, they are eligible for a card. They will be signed up under their parent or guardian so be sure to bring one of these:
- Driver’s license with current address
- Car registration with current address
- Current receipt with address, i.e. rent, tax, utility bill (no emergency room bills)
- Lease with current address
- City of Stamford golf permit
- State ID with current address (issued by the DMV, no PO Box # as primary address).
- Connecticut residents who do not live in Stamford but wish to borrow materials from
The Ferguson Library must have a hometown, unexpired library card, as well as current matching ID
- Out of state residents, please ask for guidelines
- Library cards are not transferable. Only the person whose name appears on the card may use it.
For questions, contact the Borrowers Services desk at 203-351-8261, 8262 or 8263.