If you have a child entering kindergarten in Fall 2022, Stamford Public Schools is providing resources to help you prepare. Scroll down to take a look!
Children are eligible for kindergarten next school year, if they are age 5 on or before January 1, 2023.
Below are links to the Kindergarten Information Night that was held on Tuesday, October 26, 2021:
According to Stamford Public Schools, the following pre-school skills are helpful for kindergarten:
- Personal Social Skills
- Language & Literacy Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Physical & Motor Skills
- Creative Skills
Wondering what your child will learn in kindergarten at Stamford Public Schools?
- Science/Social Studies
- Life Skills- cooperative group work, technology
- Art, Media Center, Music, Phys Ed
- Social Emotional Skills (Kindness, Cooperation)
In kindergarten, the typical in-person schedule for the day looks similar to this:
Davenport, Hart, K. T. Murphy, Strawberry Hill, Rogers International, Roxbury, Springdale, Stark, Toquam and Westover:
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Newfield, Northeast and Stillmeadow:
8:10 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- 8:45 a.m. Morning Meeting
- 9:00 a.m. Read Aloud
- 9:30 a.m. Reading
- 10:30 a.m. Snack
- 10:45 a.m. Centers
- 11:25 a.m. Lunch
- 11:50 a.m. Recess
- 12:10 p.m. Writing
- 1:05 p.m. Art, Music, P.E. or Media
- 1:50 p.m. Snack
- 2:05 p.m. Math
- 2:50 p.m. Science/Social Studies
- 3:30 p.m. Dismissal
Stamford Public Schools are providing information for students with special needs:
- If your child has an Individual Education Plan and attends APPLES, your child’s current PPT team will work with the Kindergarten team to develop a plan for services for kindergarten to ensure that your child is optimizing their ability to access the general education curriculum.
- If your child does NOT have a current IEP, and you have a concern, please call Gabrielle Massa at 203 977-6666 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register for Kindergarten:
Complete registration form online using SPS Registration Link (Registration should be open by January 30th)
Registration documents can be dropped off in lobby of Government Center. For questions please call, (203) 977-5312 or email email@example.com.
To Register, You’ll Need:
Personal Identification Documents
- Registration can only be done by a parent or the child’s legal guardian.
- Photo ID of Parent or Legal Guardian
- (Drivers License, Legal Photo ID)
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate or Passport including parents’ names
- Proof of Residence in Stamford Documents
- A current Rental Lease, or Deed or Tax bill showing ownership of a residence in Stamford
- IMPORTANT: If you are not listed on a lease, you must submit a notarized Residency Form.
- A current utility bill – gas, electric or water service
- Your name must be on all documents submitted.
- Health Requirements Documents
- Proof of Immunization Record, completed by a doctor
- Proof of Physical Exam form, completed by a doctor, for a physical exam within one year of the beginning of the school year in which the child is enrolling.
- Children coming from outside the United States must have a physical completed by a U.S. physician
- Parent must complete and sign the 1st page of the Physical Exam Form
- Health Assessment Form
- The registration process will ask you for Emergency Contacts. These are people who you are giving the school permission to contact to pick up your child in case of an emergency. It is extremely important that you provide this information and that it is accurate.
Check this Power Point Presentaton to learn more!