After a few weeks of unseasonably warm weather, it’s beginning to cool off. With so many of us used to planning outdoor activities for our families over the past several months, many of us are wondering, what in the world are we going to do when the temps actually drop?
Scroll down for a list of outdoor activities that you can bundle up and continue this winter!
- Head to the Stamford Museum & Nature Center. Go see the animals, play on the playground, go for a nature walk or attend an event! Honestly, the Stamford Museum never gets old for kids or parents!
- Go exploring at the Bartlett Arboretum. Take a nature walk, look for wildlife, go on a secret head scavenger hunt!
- Go exploring at Mill River Park and grab coffee or hot chocolate from one of the shops in Stamford Downtown before!
- Take the kids to play in the sand! Grab some sand toys and head to Cove, Cummings or West Beach. A beach walk is also a fun idea, even when bundled up!
- Go for a hike or bike ride at Mianus River Park! Make it a nature-themed winter trivia walk with these tips!
- Grab some blankets and host a movie night outside under the stars! You can rent equipment from Outdoor Movie Ninja.
- Head to the Beardsley Zoo! There will be a Winter Wonderland Walk November 28 – January 6.
- Take an outdoor music class! Music Together is offering a Bundle and Sing Backyard Class. Find more information, here! Music with Marcus is offering socially distanced outdoor classes in November.
- Wakemantown Farm in Westport! Wakemantown Farm is a popular adult/child class started new sessions this week, with a few openings in 9 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. sessions. This small nature-based class is predominantly held outdoors, where our little ones delight in time spent in nature visiting with their animal friends. The colder days, we will also spend time inside the bus, farm facility, doing nature-based crafts, music and more! They practice hand washing, temp taking, mask wearing and social distancing.
- Go feed the animals at Silverman’s Farm in Easton! It’s a great activity for weekend mornings and will be open until December 31. Stop by the market to grab donuts or a pie to enjoy at home!