Valentine’s Day is only four days away! Whether you’re looking for a fun Valentine’s Day craft idea to keep the kids entertained at home or to add a little extra festivity to the house we have you covered.
Scroll down for three of our favorite Valentine’s Day crafts this year!
Paper Flower Crafting!
- Start by layering about 8 tissue papers on top of each other and begin folding in alternating directions to form an accordion fan. The bigger your tissue paper is, the bigger your flower will be so you can tailor the size to your liking. I cut up the tissue paper to be approximately 6 x 6 inches and used 8 pieces for each flower.
- Cut the edges of the tissue paper to form an arrow shape (this will make the flower look similar to a Dahlia. More rounded edges will look similar to a Peony or Hydrangea).
- While still folded in the accordion fan, staple the center of the tissue paper.
- Start fluffing the flower by unfolding each layer of the tissue paper carefully so that it doesn’t rip.
- You can finish the flower off by securing stems by using either pipe cleaners or thin wire stems. Mariane used wire stems that i purchased from Michael’s.
The Conversation Heart Headband!
Our sister site, South OC Moms Network shared an adorable how-to for a Conversation Hearts Headband! Scroll down for the materials and simple instructions!
Old headbands or new ones from your local craft store
Glue gun (with adult supervision)
Bag of conversation hearts
- Let your children set up different patterns and colors
- You (or another adult) glue them onto the headband.
Once it dries, your child will have the perfect Valentine’s Day headpiece!
Paint Your Own Mug!
Stamford Moms and Best Time Ever have gotten together to create a kit with everything you need to paint two mugs (including the mugs, paint and paint brushes). Then enjoy cookies and hot chocolate bombs!
Order yours here and enjoy a little quiet time while the kids craft!