Looking for a way to keep the kids entertained at home this weekend? Or even during a party? Crafts are a great way to get them away from the TV and excited about creating something of their own! The problem… the BIG clean up for you afterward.
So, we put together a list of a few simple crafts that kids of all ages can have fun with… avoiding paint, glitter and using as little glue as possible!
Scrunched Christmas Tree Craft
– Green construction paper
– Colored tissue paper
1. Cut Christmas trees out of the green construction paper.
2. Let the kids tear up and scrunch the tissue paper to make Christmas ornaments.
3. Glue the tissue paper ornaments to the paper tree.
(Idea & photo c/o Crafts on Sea)
Santa Toilet Paper Roll Craft
– Toilet paper roll
– Red construction paper
– Pom poms
– Small Googly Eyes
– Cotton Balls
– Red Pipe Cleaner
– Black Sharpie
1. Make Santa’s hat by cutting out a small circle out of red construction paper. Cut one slit into the circle so that you can form the hat.
2. Glue the hat to the top of the paper roll.
3. Stretch out some cotton balls and glue to the brim of the hat. Glue the white pom pom to the top.
4. Glue on the googly eyes and pom pom nose.
5. Glue a strip of red glitter paper to the bottom of the paper roll to make Santa’s jacket.
6. Glue cotton balls all around for the beard and add two to the side of the nose for a mustache.
7. Glue 2 black buttons onto the red paper making Santa’s jacket.
(Idea c/o The Best Ideas for Kids)
Paper Plate Baubles
– Paper Plates
– Tissue Paper Confetti Dots OR round stickers
– Silver Glitter Foam
1. Glue the tissue paper confetti dots or put the round stickers wherever you want to on the paper plate.
2. Glue the ribbon to the top of the paper plate in a loop.
3. Glue the glitter foam between the ribbon and the plate.
(Idea c/o The Mad House)