The City of Stamford begins picking up Christmas trees toward the end of January. Be sure to put your tree on the curb. The City says it will only do one round of pick ups.
- Trees placed curbside cannot have any decorations on them
- Trees cannot be placed in plastic bags or wrapped in plastic
- No brush, grass clippings or bulky waste will be picked up
- Plastic Christmas trees will not be picked up
The City’s Recycling and Sanitation Department will begin picking up Christmas trees at condominiums on the week of January 16, weather permitting. This process will take approximately two weeks.
If you’d like to dispose of your tree sooner, you can take your trees to either the Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center at 130 Magee Avenue or the Scale House at 101 Harborview Avenue.
- The Scale House is open 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Saturday
- The Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center is open 7 a.m. – 2 p.m., Tuesday – Saturday